Chicago Ultrarunners had a group run at Palos this morning. Fourteen people (I think..) showed up to get in on the fun. At one point, it was raining but the sun was shining through the trees. Very ethereal. All in all, a truly awesome run. When you're with great people and running through mud and streams, 18 miles can fly right by. As I was running along, I was struck by just how happy I am to have met these new friends (all relatively recently). Days like today were exactly what it's all about. What I think Chicago Ultrarunners should be about. What ultras are about. Putting cool people in beautiful scenery and building up lasting friendships. I'm in!
Some pics, thanks to BGaines:
Part of the group after getting slightly lost.And some stream-crossing videos:
Torey
Geof

2 comments:
That looks like it was a blast! You are going to have an AWESOME Ice Age. I'm so excited for you! I wish I could come run it too!!!
Thanks Danni! I SO wish you could be here too. I'm sure you'll be hearing all about it, though, between the blog, facebook, & Cheryl!!
Post a Comment